Initial assessments of young people who sexually harm
Duration: 2 days
Max number of participants: 24
YOT workers, social workers, police officers, health professionals, education staff and others in the multidisciplinary child protection network.
Participants are expected to have an understanding of child development and safeguarding issues.
The course provides a primary knowledge base to evaluate and assess sexual behaviours presented by young people aged 12 -18 years.
Course content covers:
- Key research findings
- Understanding the emergence of problematic sexual behaviours
- A framework for information gathering
- Applying the AIM2 model – an evidence based approach to evaluating risks and needs
- Formulating intervention plans and recommendations
- Tools and techniques for engaging and motivating young people involved in assessment.